Garden Log, 11/30/11:
Bruce, Judy, Teresa, Terry and Sara worked in the garden for a combined 12 hours and accomplished the following today:
- Bruce brought 3 boxes of tomatoes (taken home to ripen last week and the week before) to the OHK.
- Gardeners and volunteers removed all ripe and green fruit from the tomato vines on beds E1 and D1 (except for the unripe tomatoes on the Basrya plants at the North end of D1. 21 lbs 15 oz of Rutgers Jersey green tomatoes and 6 lbs 10 oz of ripening tomatoes were harvested from E1. 5 lbs 2 oz of Jubilee and 5 lbs 3 oz of ripening Basrya were harvest from D1. Green tomatoes were taken to the OHK and ripening tomatoes were taken to Bruces garage to ripen by next Tuesday.
- Tomato vines and other Summer crop plants were pulled from beds C1 and B1 which were then weeded and left ready for amendments and plantings of cover crops and peas.
- Three flats of lettuce (Jerico, Tennis Ball and___) were planted into bed K6). Escarole, Endive and two red varieties of mustard were also planted to completely fill K6.
- All newly transplanted seedlings were watered in and all previously planted K-beds were hand watered.
- 2lb 2oz of Sparkler Radishes were harvested from raised boxed bed G2
m boxed bed G2.