Wow a lot of great things germinating and growing both literally and figuratively.
- We’re deep into the preparations for our second annual fundraiser that will be held at the Crooked Vine Winery on September 10th. Lots of delicious food (some prepared with fresh fruits and vegetables from our Garden of Grace and the Village High School Food Garden. See our website to purchase tickets!
- Were having a workshop on Summer fruit tree pruning presented by Ed Laivo at Fertile Groundworks teaching garden (Garden of Grace at 4743 East Ave. Livermore), August 26th at 1:30 PM.,
- We’re harvesting Hundreds of pounds of organically grown summer produce and donating it to the local food kitchen and food pantries. Volunteer opportunities every week. Non-gardeners to master vegetable gardeners welcome ! See our website for details,
- We’re finishing up a great summer of garden assistance to four local schools and now we’re helping them and an additional two schools get started for a great school year of organic food and science gardening,
- Were working with two local seniors communities to help them set up accessible garden beds for growing food.
Current crop harvests include four varieties of cucumber (Suhyo Long, Tasty Green, Marketmore 76 and Armenian mellon), about 70 varieties of tomato (including Sungold, Stupice, Amana Orange, Soldaki, Polish and Big Beef), 10 varieties of sweet pepper (including California Wonder, Early Hungarian, Coral Bell and Revolution), five varieties of egg plant (Black Beauty, Shoya long, Nadia, and Beatrice), ten varieties of summer squash (including Costata Romanesco, Raven, Black Beauty, Yellow crookneck, and Italian Romanesco, Black eyed Peas, five varieties of kale and collard (Lacinato, Rainbow Lacinato, Winterbor, Redbor and our own F3 collards, Italian Red Torpedo Onions and Rubarb Chard. We also have cover crops of Sudan grass, buckwheat, cow peas growing in beds that we’ll plant our fall-winter crops into.